Sunday, April 10, 2011

In the Middle of My Little Mess

I forget how big I'm blessed.

Title and first line are lyrics from a Francesca Batistelli song.  Sometimes I get so wrapped up in what's going wrong, that I forget to notice my blessings.  It's funny how God can make you realize this with the simple removal of your lab coat.  I wore short sleeves to work for the first time this year.  It's normally so cold in this lab that I need my long sleeves, and sometimes a fleece jacket, under my lab coat.  But I took my lab coat off today, felt the air on my arms, and realized how amazing it is that God renews everything every Spring.  He makes things warm when it's been so cold, He brings the sunshine out and makes the flowers bloom,  He gives us that sense of renewal that only He can offer.  So in the middle of my little messes, He remined me how big I'm actually blessed.  In case I need reminding, here's my blessings:

This is the Day that the LORD has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it.  Psalm 118:24
The weather is Bea-utiful.
I helped our youth group at church make a wonderful spaghetti lunch as a fundraiser for them to go to camp. 
I have leftover spaghetti for supper at work today.
I have two days off in the middle of the week since I'm working the weekend.
I had to go shopping yesterday before work because all of my clothes are too big for me.
I bought a size 4 skirt at a store I had worn a size 10 at.
I paid less than $20 for a skirt, a sweater and 2 shirts when I went shopping.
I'm probably going to eat lunch with my parents tomorrow.
I get to go supplies shopping again tomorrow.
I have a WONDERFUL husband who supports all my crafing adventures even though they may not be successful.
I'm going to Edisto Island this weekend to spend some time with other youth group leaders.
We will probably eat too much and laugh even more.
The next weekend I will go with my family to the mountains to celebrate my Aunt-in-law's birthday.

I could go on and on and on with my list of blessings.  I've just got to stay focused on that and not worry about the little messes.

How have you been blessed?  I'd love to know!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, yes we have to stop and look around and to see how the Lord renews everything. I have so many blessings but need to stop and remember them and not take them for granted. I am so thankful for my family and that I grew up in a Christian home, thankful for the church that I attend and all of my church family, thankful for the snow last night as we are still behind on moisture, I am thankful for my daughter attending the chili supper and auction at church last night that was a fundraiser for our youth. The list goes on when we stop and look around. God blesses us continually! Thank you for your blog and reminder to be thankful

    Donna (from ETSY Faithcakes)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...