Friday, April 8, 2011

The Things We Do in the Name of Beauty

So Wednesday, I went to Wal-Mart.  I have avoided Wal-Mart like the plague because there are so many delightfully cheap things in there, that I always end up buying  more that what I went in for.  Plus, I usually only have time to go before work, and one can never tell how long it will take to get through the checkout line.  Anyway, I went to Wal-Mart Wednesday because a couple of weeks ago, Dave and I went on one of our reminiscent Hot Dates to Wal-Mart and I found something that I wanted.  It just wasn't in my size. 

Wednesday, for the first time in my nearly 25 years of life, I bought a black string bikini. 


Not just the top either, I've had one of those, I bought the bottoms too, you know, the ones that if you're around the wrong person, will come untied.  This comes off the heels of a nearly 25 lb weight loss over the past year or so.  I still have 2 lbs to go before I meet my goal, but maybe this bikini is just the shove I needed.

So, in the name of looking good in said bikini, I started excising again yesterday.  Most of my weight loss has been diet related, so when I exercised yesterday, I got sore today.  I can't even sneeze without wincing.  And here's the kicker, I was doing the Wii Fit.  I know, I'm so lame.  

It just amazes me sometimes what we women will do just to look nice.  What's even crazier is the fact that I'm married and still trying to do this junk.  I'm not even trying to catch any fish, I have my big fish and I'm quite happy with him.  I don't want another fish.  Granted, it is nice to try to get healthier so that you can play with your future young'uns, but, man, I hate exercising.  Oh well.  I'll probably do it all over again tomorrow.        






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...