Tuesday, June 21, 2011

We Did It Wednesday!

So most of you who religiously follow my blog (how many can that really be?) may think that after a solid week of new and good information, I fell off the Earth yesterday.  Truth is, I had a day off from work, so I went shopping and got my nails done for the first time.  Fingers and toes.  It was lovely.  I really wish I could paint my nails that well.  I really wish I knew what kind of voodoo they worked on my nails. 

Anyway, onto the real meat of this post.  I've been busy, and have almost finished my beach gifts.  And I found the Sew Much Ado blog somewhere in my blog wanderings and decided to participate in the We Did It Wednesday. 


Here's my entry:


These are the appliqued tote bags that I kept talking about for my nieces.  It's hot pink canvas, with lime green polka dot cotton appliques, sewed on with bright blue thread and bright blue cotton webbing handles.


The above are closeups of the appliques.  Complete with a crazy shadow formed from the lens of the camera blocking the flash.  I would normall make better quality pictures, but since we're leaving for the beach on Saturday and I still have one skirt and two Towel Rolls to make before we go, you're lucky to get a blog post!

I'm really proud of how these turned out.  Especially since this is my first attempt at applique. 

This is what you get when Hubs is away on business, I have two days off completely to myself, a few glasses of sweet tea and several midnight mini Moon Pies. 

4 comments:

  1. I like the fabric you used for the letters. Couldn't really see it in the other picture,but it is really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love handmade stuff : )
    Thanks for linking up with Thursdays Friends Cafe!
    ~Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is so cute! I love the color/fabric choices! what a fun idea! I found your blog through a link party and LOVE it! I am your newest follower and would love it if you would check out my blog and follow me too! Thanks!
    -Nikki
    http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the totes, following you back from find new friends thursday blog hop.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...